Shore Road public space, buildings & facilities
Last updated 13th August 2018
Planning Application submitted, consultation ends 31st August
APP/18/01039/F can be viewed online at https://boppa.poole.gov.uk/online-applications
Comments are invited before 31st August 2018, online or by post
As a major gateway for people visiting Poole Beaches, this project at Shore Road offers the opportunity to create a greater sense of arrival and welcome to the area by:
- Creating an attractive plaza that visitors can enjoy and that signifies Shore Road’s importance as the starting point of the promenade around Poole Bay.
- Enhancing public spaces & facilities including a water sports concession and a new ice cream kiosk which will sell drinks and snacks such as sandwiches & paninis. It will open seasonally from 9am – 7pm.
- Improving the external appearance of existing buildings such as the public toilets & Beach Station; the Beach Ranger Service will operate from a temporary beach office at Shore Road in 2018, prior to a permanent office opening in spring 2019.
- Developing/refurbishing the standard of beach huts in this area.
- August 2018 – formal consultation Planning Application APP/18/01039/F is made available online at https://boppa.poole.gov.uk/online-applications with comments invited by 31st August.
- May & June 2018 – public engagement The proposed plans were shared with stakeholders and residents with feedback helping to shape the Planning Application submitted in August.
April 2018 The new ice cream kiosk is now open at the Beach Station. The Ranger Service will operate from a temporary base at Shore Road during 2018, prior to a permanent office opening in spring 2019.
February 2018 Planning permission was granted in February 2018 for Change of Use of the Beach Station to Ice Cream Kiosk (Planning Application APP/17/01898/F for details).
- February 2018 Scottish & Southern Electricity completed works to improve the power supply to Shore Road.
February 2018 Simon Morgan of Morgan Design Studio was appointed to look at architectural design improvements to the existing buildings at Shore Road to reinvigorate this area. Our design brief included finding creative solutions to operational issues such as waste collection.
- About Shore Road beach at poole.gov.uk
Have Your Say
Poole Beaches online
For regular beach news & updates