Branksome Chine public space enhancements
Last updated 12th April 2019
Construction planned during autumn 2019
This project will:
- Create a more welcoming public plaza with improved surfacing and artistic features
- Add new bench seating, with planters & trees to soften tarmac surfaces
- Improve the public toilets
- Enable the Land Train to bring visitors to the area* with enhanced Land Train features and services
- Include improved way marking and signage
*The Land Train from Bournemouth Pier now visits Branksome Chine following a successful trial and public feedback during summer 2018.
The new design for Branksome Chine includes an improved turning circle for the train and softer landscaping.
- Winter 2018/19 Building surveys of the public toilet for improvements plans and investment in pumping station
- August – September 2018 Landscaping improvement proposals were made available for public comment at a drop-in event at Branksome Chine on Wednesday 15th August. The plans were then made available to view & for comments, at Sandbanks Beach Office and online, until 12th September. All feedback was then reviewed by the Design Team.
- May 2018 Works to create a turning circle for the Land Train were completed in February, and in May we started the new transport service trial with the train now visiting Branksome Chine.
- The Arts Development Company together with Dorset Coast Forum and Borough of Poole have appointed local landscape artist Amanda Moore to design the new public space (press release February 2018).
Budget Up to £180,000
Funding Coastal Communities Fund
Project Lead Anthony Rogers, Recreation Manager
Shore Road scheme takes a step forward 10 July 2019
- Recommendation on cliff works to be submitted to cabinet 25 January 2019
- Pop along and comment on proposed improvements at Branksome Chine 24th August 2018
- Super size seashells delight families at Flaghead Chine 30th July 2018
- Comment on proposals to improve Shore Road Promenade 12th June 2018
- Artist Commissioned to design new public spaces for Shore Road and Branksome Chine, Poole 12th February 2018
Have Your Say
Poole Beaches online
For regular beach news & updates