Branksome Chine public space enhancements
Last updated 4th February 2019
15th August – 12th September
Many thanks to everyone who shared their views on the proposals at the engagement day, online or who completed a feedback card at Sandbanks Beach Office.
All feedback has now been reviewed by the Design Team and construction is scheduled for spring/summer 2019.
Building surveys of the public toilet are being conducted for improvement plans
Construction planned during spring/summer 2019
This project will:
- Create a more welcoming public plaza with improved surfacing and artistic features
- Add new bench seating, with planters & trees to soften tarmac surfaces
- Improve the public toilets
- Enable the Land Train to bring visitors to the area* with enhanced Land Train features and services
- Include improved way marking and signage
*The Land Train from Bournemouth Pier now visits Branksome Chine following a successful trial and public feedback during summer 2018.
The new design for Branksome Chine includes an improved turning circle for the train and softer landscaping.
- August / September 2018 Landscaping improvement proposals were made available for public comment at a drop-in event at Branksome Chine on Wednesday 15th August. The plans were then made available to view & for comments, at Sandbanks Beach Office and online, until 12th September.
- May 2018 Works to create a turning circle for the Land Train were completed in February, and in May we started the new transport service trial with the train now visiting Branksome Chine.
- The Arts Development Company together with Dorset Coast Forum and Borough of Poole have appointed local landscape artist Amanda Moore to design the new public space (press release February 2018).
- About Branksome Chine beach at poole.gov.uk
Budget Up to £180,000
Funding Coastal Communities Fund
Project Lead Anthony Rogers, Recreation Manager
Recommendation on cliff works to be submitted to cabinet 25 January 2019
- Pop along and comment on proposed improvements at Branksome Chine 24th August 2018
- Super size seashells delight families at Flaghead Chine 30th July 2018
- Comment on proposals to improve Shore Road Promenade 12th June 2018
- Artist Commissioned to design new public spaces for Shore Road and Branksome Chine, Poole 12th February 2018
Have Your Say
Poole Beaches online
For regular beach news & updates