Poole Seafront Development Programme
£9.5 million investment 2018-2021
£9.5 million is being invested in Poole’s seafront to help meet the high demand for beach huts and conserve & improve public facilities for residents & visitors to enjoy. Our world class award-winning seafront helps to define the character of Poole, providing a magnificent backdrop to Poole Bay, and contributes to the £200 million annual tourism expenditure.
This investment will enhance the coastline’s natural assets and ensure our seafront infrastructure is modern and vibrant. The projects will improve the connectivity between public spaces, creating new plazas and gardens, as well as providing new catering and commercial outlets. It will also add more than 120 additional new beach huts of various sizes & types and rebuild or refurbish more than 100 existing huts.
The programme is funded by BCP Council and supported by £1.2 million from the Coastal Communities Fund (CCF), a government grant designed to support the economic development of coastal communities. The works form part of the ‘Dorset Coastal Connections’ portfolio of 18 projects along the Dorset coast, coordinated by the Dorset Coast Forum.
Have Your Say
Beach Hut Improvements 2015
Sandbanks Beach Office
Facilities, Equipment for Hire, Keys …
Sustaining Poole's Seafront
Developed in consultation with residents and visitors the Sustaining Poole’s Seafront Supplementary Planning Document was adopted by Council in December 2015. The document sets out a vision for how the Council plans to conserve, improve and invest in our Seafront over the next 25 years.
- Improving the welcome to Poole Seafront 06 September 2019
- Shore Road scheme takes a step forward 10 July 2019
- Recommendation on cliff works to be submitted to cabinet 25 January 2019
- Pop along and comment on proposed improvements at Branksome Chine 24th August 2018
- Super size seashells delight families at Flaghead Chine 30th July 2018
- Comment on proposals to improve Shore Road Promenade 12th June 2018
- Artist Commissioned to design new public spaces for Shore Road and Branksome Chine, Poole 12th February 2018
Everything you need to know about each of our beaches – parking, facilities, accessibility & more.
Improving Bournemouth’s Seafront
An ambitious long-term plan to develop a world-class seafront